Laser4DIY is a open-hardware machine for producing electronics boards by ablating copper with the use of a laser. It consists of several parts: a micro-chip based DPSS laser source, driver electronics for the pump laser diode, a cooling system including a 4-channel TEC-Controller, a low-profile, motorized XY table and a safety enclosure.
- Get the latest news on Twitter: @laser4diy
- Laser source (version 1, outdated)
- Laser source (version 2)
- TEC (Thermo-Electric Cooling) Controller
- Constant Current Power Source (version 1, outdated)
- Github Repository: https://github.com/Laser4DIY/Laser-Driver
- Constant Current Power Source (version 2, work in progress)
- Low Profile XY Table
- Github Repository: https://github.com/Laser4DIY/Laser4DIY_Enclosure
Laser4DIY is part of the first Prototype Fund Hardware funding round.
BMBF Project Funding
The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research was funding LASER4DIY as a part of the project "Open Photonik".
- LASER4DIY introduction (English)
- Final Report (German)
- Project description on www.photonikforschung.de (German)
- Open-Source-Laserstrukturierer für die DIY-Platinenfertigung, www.photonikforschung.de, article from 2016 (German)
Lasersafe - parametric laser experiment enclosure
- Interactive enclosure planner
- Laser safety window materials (interactive diagram) - transmission measurements with common transparent materials
- documentation (in German): Ermittlung der Absorption, Transmission und Reflexion von transparent Materialien
- (German) Mindmap zur Risikobeurteilung
- Laser4DIY Laser-Shutter
- Github Repository: https://github.com/Laser4DIY/Laser4DIY_LaserShutter